Grilled Steak Fajitas
Prep Time: 10 min
Inactive Time: 1 hr
Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
- 1 bottle Mexican beer
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tequila
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 lb skirt or flank steak, cut crosswise in 1-inch strips
- 6 green onions, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 small (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Whisk together beer, olive oil, lemon juice, tequila, lime zest and juice, and jalapeño pepper until well-blended; toss with steak, green onions and red pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Thread steak and vegetables onto separate metal skewers; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill steak and vegetables with lid down for 5 to 8 minutes or until desired doneness and vegetables are slightly charred and tender.
- Heat tortillas on grill, turning when brown spots appear, without burning; stack on platter. Divide steak and vegetables among tortillas; roll up. Serve immediately.
Tip: Serve fajitas with grated Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, guacamole and salsa.
Recipe provided by Joseph Ciminera