Grilled Shrimp with Tropical Salsa
Prep Time: 45 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 50 min
- 2 lb large shrimp (16 to 20 count), peeled, deveined and tails intact
- 5 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 5 tbsp lemon juice, divided
- 5 tbsp lime juice, divided
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut in 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted and cut in 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 banana, thickly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Thread shrimp onto metal skewers. Mix together half of the olive oil, half of the lemon juice, half of the lime juice, and cumin. Place shrimp in shallow dish; pour olive oil mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill shrimp with lid down for 2 minutes per side or until shrimp are opaque. Keep warm.
- Season pineapple, mango and banana with salt and pepper; grill until mango and banana have browned slightly and pineapple is tender. Cut pineapple into small pieces; toss with mango, banana, onion, cilantro and jalapeño pepper. Transfer shrimp to serving platter; spoon salsa over top.
Recipe provided by Joseph Ciminera