Gnocchi with Mixed Mushrooms, Kale and Tomato & Ricotta Pesto
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Total Time: 50 min
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio 100% Italian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio Tomato & Ricotta Pesto
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 1 lb mixed mushrooms (such as cremini, button and shiitake), stemmed and sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 3/4 cup 35% whipping cream
- 2 cups firmly packed chopped kale leaves
- Prepare gnocchi according to package directions. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; sauté gnocchi for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in separate large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and tender. Add shallots, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add wine; cook, stirring to scrape up any browned bits. Simmer until almost completely evaporated. Add broth and cream; simmer for about 10 minutes or until slightly reduced and thickened.
- Stir in pesto. Add kale; cook for about 2 minutes or until wilted. Stir in reserved gnocchi; cook for about 2 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to platter. Serve immediately.
Tip: Try this sauce with any cooked pasta, or served over grilled steak or chicken.