Ginger Pumpkin Quickbread with Cranberries
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
Servings: Makes 2 loaves
- Olive oil for the pans
- 1 2/3 cups (7.5 oz.) unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for pan if needed
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp table salt
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil, divided
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups canned pumpkin
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries
- ¼ cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Heat the oven to 325°F. Lightly coat the loaf pans with olive oil and flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves. Whisk well.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the sugar, brown sugar, eggs, olive oil, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until creamy and somewhat lightened in color, 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and mix until combined. With the mixer running on low, gradually add the flour mixture until just combined. Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the cranberries and crystallized ginger by hand. Transfer the mixture to the loaf pans, dividing evenly.
- Bake until a pick inserted into the middle of a loaf comes out with just a few crumbs clinging to it, about 55 minutes (don’t worry if the tops crack).
- Let the loaves cool completely on racks and then unmold them. Keep well wrapped at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Tip: Olive oil is a delicious ingredient for tender cakes and quickbreads; these loaves are super moist and get a kick from crystallized ginger. You need two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans for this recipe (foil is fine).