Tortiall & Fruit Parfait
Prep Time: 15 min
Inactive Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 8 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 8 oz fresh apricots (about 5)
- 2 tbsp apricot nectar
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 flour tortillas (6- to 8-inch tortillas)
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- Frozen yogurt or ice cream (optional)
- Halve apricots, discarding pits. In skillet, cook apricots and nectar with 1 tbsp of the sugar over medium heat for about 8 minutes or until apricots are cooked through. Stir in strawberries and blueberries. Remove from heat; cover and set aside.
- Mix remaining sugar with cinnamon. Set aside. Slice each tortilla into 4 triangles. Heat cast iron skillet; add olive oil. Fry tortillas until golden brown; remove and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Place 1 tortilla, cinnamon-side down, on plate. Spoon some of the fruit mixture over tortilla and cap with another tortilla, cinnamon-side up. Repeat with remaining tortillas and fruit mixture. Serve immediately.
Tip: Serve with scoops of frozen yogurt or ice cream if desired.
Recipe provided by Jim Coleman