Fresh Tomato Sauce
Prep Time: 10 min
Inactive Time: 30 min
Cook Time: N/A
Total Time: 40 min
Servings: Makes 5 cups
- 4 cups chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley or basil (or both)
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Combine chopped tomatoes, Olive Oil, parsley or basil (or both), chopped fresh thyme, garlic clove, black pepper, and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes in a large non-reactive bowl and mix well.
- Let the sauce sit, covered, at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.