Flank Steak Tacos with Pesto
Prep Time: 10 min
Inactive Time: 4 hr
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 4 hr 25 min
- 1 jar (6.7 oz/190 g) Filippo Berio Grilled Vegetable Pesto, divided
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp lime juice (juice of about 3 limes)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- Lime wedges
- Stir together 6 tbsp pesto, olive oil, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and cumin. Transfer steak and marinade to resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Pat steak dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture; season with salt and pepper. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare or until cooked as desired. Let stand for 5 minutes; slice thinly.
- Assemble steak, tomatoes, Cheddar and green onions in warm tortillas. Drizzle with remaining pesto. Serve with lime wedges.
- Substitute crumbled queso fresco or feta for Cheddar cheese if desired.
- Spice up the tacos with pickled or fresh jalapeño slices.
- To make this dish gluten-free, substitute flour tortillas for corn tortillas.