Filippo Berio Olive Oil-Grilled Figs and Pound Cake
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 15 min
- ½ cup honey
- ½ tsp finely grated orange zest
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 12 figs
- ½ cup Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- 4 ¾-inch-thick slices store-bought or homemade pound cake
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
Quick and easy, this grilled fig dessert provides a casual, memorable end to a summer meal.
- Prepare a medium-low gas or charcoal grill fire.
- Whisk the honey, zest, salt, and pepper in a small saucepan over low heat until well combined and warmed through, 2-1/2 to 3 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Cut the figs in half lengthwise, and brush both sides generously with the oil. Brush both sides of the pound cake generously with the oil. Grill the figs, cut side down, until grill marks appear, about 5 minutes. Flip the figs, and grill the round side, about 2 minutes. Grill the pound cake until grill marks appear, about 2-1/2 minutes per side.
- Coarsely chop half of the figs, add to the honey-orange syrup, and stir until well combined. Arrange each piece of pound cake on a plate topped with the fig compote, and drizzle the honey-orange syrup evenly over the cake and the figs. Top with the remaining fig halves, sprinkle evenly with the toasted walnuts, and serve.