Farro with Zucchini, Peas and Lemon
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Total Time: 45 min
- 1 cup farro
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Classic Pesto
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Bring 3 cups water to boil in saucepan; add farro and 1/2 tsp salt. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook zucchini, lemon zest, remaining salt and pepper for 3 to 4 minutes or until zucchini starts to soften and brown.
- Stir in peas and cook for about 2 minutes or until tender or thawed. Stir in farro and pesto; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until well coated and heated through. Drizzle lemon juice over top.
Tip: Substitute freekah or barley for farro if desired.