Farro Salad with Roasted Cauliflower, Broccoli and Tofu
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Farro Salad:
- 1 cup farro
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp each ground cumin, paprika and garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 pkg (14 oz) extra-firm tofu, pressed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Lemon wedges
- Lemon Dressing:
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook farro over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender but still slightly chewy. Drain and let cool.
- Meanwhile, toss cauliflower, broccoli and carrot with 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp thyme, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Transfer to baking sheet; bake, turning once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Combine remaining olive oil, remaining thyme, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, chili flakes and remaining salt and pepper; toss with tofu. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheet; bake for 25 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden brown and slightly puffed.
- Lemon Dressing: Meanwhile, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, lemon zest, garlic and salt. Whisk in olive oil until blended.
- In large bowl, combine farro, roasted vegetables and tofu; toss with Lemon Dressing. Garnish with pine nuts. Serve with lemon wedges.