Farfalle with Kale and Pine Nuts
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 10 oz farfalle pasta
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 5 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- Pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Classic Pesto
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Cook farfalle according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup pasta water. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion and garlic for about 2 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Stir in kale, half of the salt and chili flakes; cook for about 3 minutes or until wilted. Toss with pasta, pesto, pasta water and remaining salt until well coated. Divide among 4 plates and top with pine nuts. Serve with Parmesan cheese (if using).
• Add 1 cup canned chickpeas to pasta for added protein.
• Use whole wheat, quinoa or gluten-free pasta.