Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 2 eggplants (about 1 lb each)
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1 clove garlic (or 1 shallot or 2 green onions), minced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut eggplants in half lengthwise; place, cut sides down, on bakng sheet; bake for 20 minutes or until they are fork-tender.
- Let eggplants cool slightly; scoop out pulp into blender. Purée pulp; spoon into bowl. Stir in oil, green onions, garlic, lemon juice, basil and pepper. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Tip: Serve with your favorite crackers or toast.
Recipe provided by The Low Cholesterol Olive Oil Cookbook