East Meets West Marinated Pork Chops
Prep Time: 40 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 50 min
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 pork chops (about 1-inch thick)
- Whisk together orange zest and juice, olive oil, soy sauce and honey until smooth; mix in green onions, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper. Add pork chops; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Remove pork chops from marinade, shaking off excess; discard marinade. Cook pork chops, with lid down, for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until grill-marked, meat is no longer pink inside and instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of pork reads 145°F.
Tip: Serve these pork chops with an Asian-inspired coleslaw if desired.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito