Dark Chocolate and Cherry Cheesecake
Prep Time: 20 min
Inactive Time: 24 hr
Cook Time: 1 hr 40 min
Total Time: 26 hr
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Balsamic Glaze
- 3 pkg (each 8 oz) brick-style cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cherry Topping:
- 3 cups frozen cherries
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Classic Balsamic Glaze
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix together graham wafer crumbs, oil and sugar; press into bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes; let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Filling: Meanwhile, in heatproof bowl set over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in balsamic glaze. Let cool slightly.
- Using electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, sugar and melted chocolate mixture until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in sour cream and vanilla; pour over crust.
- Wrap outside of springform pan in heavy-duty foil. Set inside roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up side of springform pan. Bake for 90 to 100 minutes or until sides are set and center is still slightly jiggly; let cool for 5 minutes. Run knife between cheesecake and pan; let cool completely. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Cherry Topping: In small saucepan, heat cherries, sugar, olive oil and 1/2 cup water over medium heat; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Whisk cornstarch with 2 tbsp water; whisk into mixture. Cook for about 3 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 1 day. Spoon over cheesecake; drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Tip: Substitute gingersnap or chocolate crumbs for graham wafer crumbs if desired.