Crunchy Parmesan Roasted Chickpeas
Prep Time: 5 min
Inactive Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Total Time: 1 hr
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio 100% Italian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (approx.)
- 1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Enjoy roasted chickpeas as a wholesome snack, salad topping or pasta garnish.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay chickpeas in single layer between layers of paper towel; let stand for 20 minutes or until very dry. In bowl, whisk together oil, paprika, salt and pepper; add chickpeas, tossing gently to coat.
- Spread chickpeas on prepared pan; bake, stirring every 10 minutes, for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Let cool completely on pan.
- In large bowl, toss chickpeas with Parmesan. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.