Crispy Rice Squares
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 15 min
Servings: 10 or more
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 5 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 1 cup chopped salted roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Grease 13- x 9-inch pan; set aside. Heat oil in large saucepan set over low heat; add marshmallows. Cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes or until completely melted. Stir in vanilla. Remove from heat.
- Immediately stir in cereal until coated. Stir in almonds, pecans, raisins and cranberries. Scrape into prepared pan; using wet hands or buttered spatula, spread evenly. Let cool completely; cut into squares. (Can be stored in airtight container for up to 2 days.)
• Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chopped dark, milk or white chocolate if desired.
• If you like, substitute hazelnuts, peanuts or pumpkin seeds for almonds and pecans.