Creamy Whipped Feta Dip
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 1 block (8 oz) feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 oz plain brick-style cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp packed finely chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1 tbsp packed finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Vegetable crudités, for serving
- Toasted Pita Wedges:
- 4 Greek pita breads
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- Whipped Feta Dip: In food processor, blend feta, yogurt, cream cheese, 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1 tbsp dill, parsley, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper until light and airy.
- Transfer dip to shallow serving bowl; drizzle with remaining oil. Garnish with sesame seeds, remaining dill and red pepper flakes.
- Toasted Pita Wedges: Preheat oven to 400˚F. Brush pita breads with olive oil. Arrange on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until toasted. Cut each pita bread into 6 wedges.
- Serve dip with crudités and pita wedges.
Tip: Alternatively, omit fresh herbs, red pepper flakes and sesame seeds; garnish the dip with a dollop of Filippo Berio Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto, Classic Pesto or Spicy Tomato Pesto.