Creamy Olive Oil Polenta with Gorgonzola
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio 100% Italian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 6 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper (approx.)
- 2 cups fine yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 oz Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, chives and chervil)
- In saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine 3 tbsp olive oil, broth, salt and pepper; bring to boil. Sprinkle in cornmeal, whisking constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring often, for about 10 minutes or until creamy.
- Stir in Parmesan, Gorgonzola and herbs just until combined. Transfer to serving dish. Drizzle remaining olive oil over top. Sprinkle with additional pepper.
Tip: Serve polenta as a creamy complement to slow-cooked lamb shank, osso buco, Italian sausages, mushroom ragu, meatballs in marinara sauce or beef short ribs.