Creamy Fennel Slaw
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: N/A
Total Time: 10 min
- 1 bulb fennel
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Tomato & Ricotta Pesto Dressing:
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Tomato & Ricotta Pesto
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup plain 2% regular or Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Salad: Remove stalks and fronds from fennel bulb and quarter bulb; slice thinly crosswise. In serving bowl, toss together fennel slices, arugula and red onion.
- Tomato & Ricotta Pesto Dressing: Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, pesto and shallot; whisk in yogurt, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat well. Garnish with pumpkin seeds.
- Add fresh orange or grapefruit segments to salad if desired.
- If preferred, replace pumpkin seeds with sunflower seeds.