Cranberry and Toasted Sesame Cookies
Prep Time: 5 to 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
Servings: 10 or more
- 1 cup Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6¾ oz. (1½ cups) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup toasted sesame seeds
- Kosher salt
- 1½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp sanding sugar or demerara sugar
Hulled or unhulled sesame seeds can be used for these cookies. The hulled seeds have a milder flavor and more delicate bite, while the unhulled seeds will add more sesame flavor and a heartier texture.
- Position oven racks in the top and bottom thirds of the oven and heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, and both sugars. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sesame seeds, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Gradually add the oil mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until the batter is smooth. Blend in the cranberries.
- Drop the batter by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart. Sprinkle the dough with sanding sugar.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Rotate and switch the baking sheets and bake for another 7 to 8 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the cookies are light golden on top. Place the cookie sheets on a wire tack to cool for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to the rack and let cool completely.