Couscous Salad with Walnuts & Dates
Prep Time: 18 min
Cook Time: N/A
Total Time: 18 min
- 1 box Mediterranean-style couscous
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 2/3 cup pitted dates, diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp minced chives
- 1 fresh mint sprig, minced
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Prepare couscous according to package directions. Set aside.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon and lime zest until combined. Add chickpeas, dates, feta cheese, chives and mint; mix well. Stir in tomato and walnuts. Set aside.
- Fluff couscous with a fork until grains are separated; transfer to large serving bowl. Pour olive oil mixture over couscous, mixing well.
Recipe provided by Chef Joseph Ciminera