Corn, Jícama & Black Bean Salsa
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
Servings: 4 cups
- 1½ cups (from about 2 cobs/6 oz.) fresh corn kernels, cobs reserved, or frozen, thawed
- 1 cup (about 5¾ oz.) canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (about 5 oz.) diced jícama
- 1⁄3 cup (about 1½ oz.) finely chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice; more to taste
- 1 tbsp mirin; more to taste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped jalapeño; more to taste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint; more to taste
- ½ tsp salt; more to taste
Crisp jícama, sweet corn, and black beans come together in a refreshing salsa.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Run the back of a knife along cobs on all sides while holding over the bowl to extract the corn milk. Toss all ingredients and let stand for 20 minutes. Adjust the seasoning and toss before serving.
- Serve with Homemade Tortilla Chips.