Coal Miners' Spaghetti Carbonara
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz pancetta, diced
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 3 large eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan; cook pancetta, stirring, until crispy. Set aside and keep warm.
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente; drain, reserving 1/3 cup cooking water. Toss spaghetti with 2 tbsp of the reserved cooking water in sauté pan set over low heat until hot. Remove pan from heat; rapidly stir in eggs, 2 tbsp of the reserved cooking water and half of the Parmigiano-Reggiano until well-combined. If spaghetti seems dry, add remaining reserved cooking water.
- Stir in reserved pancetta and any accumulated drippings. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to platter; sprinkle with remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano and serve immediately.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito