Classic Tomato Salsa
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Total Time: 40 min
Servings: 3 cups
- 1 lb. ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ¾ cup chopped white onion
- 1 to 2 jalapeño or serrano chiles, minced with seeds
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
This classic chopped tomato salsa, also called pico de gallo, is so much better made at home than bought at a grocery store. Let it sit a little while before serving to let the salt pull out the water from the tomatoes and meld the flavors.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Let sit at least 30 minutes and stir again before serving.
- Serve with Homemade Tortilla Chips or stir into scrambled eggs.