Chorizo Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Tostadas
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil, divided
- 3/4 cup refried beans
- 4 tostadas
- 2 fresh chorizo sausages, casings removed
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija or feta cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- Hot sauce
- Spread refried beans over one side of each tostada; set aside. Heat half of the oil in nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; crumble in sausage. Cook for about 5 minutes or until browned. Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel–lined plate. Wipe skillet clean. Scatter cooked chorizo over beans. Keep warm in 200°F oven.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet; cook eggs, one at a time, for 3 to 5 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks are cooked as desired. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange eggs over chorizo.
- Top with avocado, salsa and cheese. Spoon sour cream into resealable plastic bag and cut off one corner to make small hole. Drizzle sour cream over each tostada. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with hot sauce.
Tip: Also delicious with shredded Cheddar or Pepper Jack cheese.