Chicken Salad with Pine Nuts
Prep Time: 15 min
Inactive Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 1 hr
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2/3 cup Filippo Berio Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt(approx.)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper (approx.)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 red peppers
- 3 stalks celery with leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp capers packed in vinegar, drained
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Finely chopped tomato
- Snipped fresh chives
- Crusty bread
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place chicken in roasting pan and drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes; pour in wine. Roast for 5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Thinly slice and return to roasting pan; let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, roast peppers for 20 minutes or until lightly blistered. Place in resealable plastic bag and seal; let cool completely. Pull skin off peppers and slice thinly; discard seeds.
- In large bowl, toss chicken and pan juices with roasted red peppers, celery, pine nuts, capers, 1/4 cup olive oil and lemon juice. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Divide evenly among six plates. Sprinkle with chopped tomato and chives. Drizzle with remaining oil. Serve immediately with crusty bread.
- Add a pinch of hot pepper flakes for a little extra heat.
- Also delicious with chopped walnuts or hazelnuts.
- Make this grain and gluten free by omitting crusty bread.