Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach and Basil
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 8 oz wide egg noodles
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz each) chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bag (6 oz) baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions; drain well, rinse and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic for about 2 minutes or until fragrant but not browned. Add chicken; sauté for 4 minutes. Add broth, water and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, basil and reserved noodles. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Season with pepper to taste. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Recipe provided by Chef Sharon Sanders