Chicken Khao Soi
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Total Time: 55 min
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Thai curry paste
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cans (14 oz each) coconut milk
- 2 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, halved
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb egg noodles, prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup crispy fried onions
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Chili oil
- Lime wedges
- Heat oil in large, heavy-bottom saucepan set over medium heat; cook curry paste, shallots, garlic and ginger, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until softened and darkened in color. Add coconut milk and broth. Bring to boil; add chicken.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is tender. Transfer to plate; let cool slightly. Use two forks to shred chicken; return to soup along with fish sauce, brown sugar and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Divide cooked noodles among 6 bowls. Ladle curry over noodles. Top with red onion, bean sprouts, fried onions and cilantro. Serve with chili oil and lime wedges.
Tip: Add a seeded and diced red Thai chili pepper to the curry along with the garlic and ginger for a spicier version.