Chicken Cutlet Broccoli Rabe Sandwich
Prep Time: 17 min
Cook Time: 13 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb broccoli rabe, stems removed, leaves cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 oil-cured black olives, pitted and diced (optional)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 1 lb)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, toasted
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- 4 slices provolone cheese (optional)
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in 10-inch sauté pan set over medium heat; sauté onion for 3 minutes or until translucent. Stir in the broccoli rabe and red pepper flakes; cover and cook over medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes or until broccoli rabe is wilted. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper to taste; stir in olives, if using. Transfer broccoli rabe mixture to bowl, cover and keep warm.
- In small paper or plastic bag, combine flour and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. One at a time, add chicken cutlets; shake to coat each cutlet in flour, then transfer to plate. Dip cutlets in egg, then in bread crumbs, returning to plate. Set aside.
- In skillet, heat remaining remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brown chicken, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden on each side and no longer pink inside.
- To serve, top each of four bread slices with one chicken cutlet; spread with broccoli rabe mixture. Top with slices of provolone, if using. Top with remaining bread.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito