Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 2-inch strips
- 1 1/2 cups tomato salsa, divided
- 12 oz cooked black beans
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Romaine lettuce, shredded (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan set over medium heat; sauté onion and garlic until tender. Add chicken; cook until well-browned. Stir in 1/2 cup of the salsa, black beans, cumin and chili powder; cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat until chicken is cooked and mixture starts to thicken.
- Wrap tortillas in damp towel; microwave for 45 seconds or until warm and pliable.
Place 1/2 cup of the filling into middle of each tortilla and sprinkle with some of the Monterey Jack.
- Fold bottom of tortilla up over filling; fold in sides and roll up from bottom. Serve burritos with remaining salsa, and lettuce and sour cream (if using).
Tip: Instead of microwaving, tortillas can be warmed in a large, dry skillet on the stovetop.
Recipe provided by Chef Joseph Ciminera