Charred Eggplant Yogurt Dip with Fresh Mint
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
Servings: 10 or more
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio 100% Italian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 eggplants (about 2 lb)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- Preheat broiler to high; position rack in center of oven. Place eggplants on foil-lined baking sheet. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until charred and almost smoking. Reduce oven to 375°F; bake for about 20 minutes or until very tender. Let cool until just cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir together 1/4 cup olive oil, yogurt, tahini, green onion, mint, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and cumin. Let stand until eggplant is ready.
- Split eggplants open and scrape flesh into bowl; mash with fork. Gently fold into yogurt mixture. Spoon into shallow serving bowl. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with parsley and hot pepper flakes.
Tip: Serve with pita chips, grilled chicken, vegetable sticks or sliced tomatoes.