Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 4 cups packed small cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook cauliflower for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp; drain well.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook celery, red onion, garlic, oregano, and chili flakes for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Stir in cauliflower, walnuts, capers, raisins, salt and pepper; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining olive oil, parsley and vinegar. Let cool.
- Add finely chopped salt-cured anchovies to caponata if desired.
- Serve caponata as a side dish, condiment, sauce for grilled meat or roasts, or toss with pasta.