Caribbean Pork Chops with Tropical Salsa
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch each ground nutmeg and cloves
- 4 bone-in, center cut pork chops (each about 3/4-inch thick)
- 1 cup finely chopped ripe mango
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Stir together sugar, thyme, allspice, salt, pepper, coriander, garlic powder, cayenne, nutmeg and cloves; rub all over pork chops. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet set over medium-high heat; sear pork chops on both sides until golden brown. Transfer to oven.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until instant-read thermometer registers 145°F when inserted into center of pork chop, away from the bone. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small serving bowl, stir together mango, tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, jalapeño and lime juice; let stand for 10 minutes. Serve with pork chops.
Tip: For a really impressive presentation, look for Frenched pork chops, which means the bones have been trimmed clean for a lovely presentation.