Caprese Avocado Toast with Balsamic Glaze
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Robusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Classic Balsamic Glaze
- 4 slices rustic Italian bread, about 3/4-inch thick
- 1 large clove garlic, halved
- 2 small ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to broil; position rack to highest level. Brush olive oil over both sides of each slice of bread; broil, turning once, for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Rub cut side of garlic clove over bread while still hot.
- Mash together avocados, lemon juice, and half of the basil, salt and pepper; spread over one side of each slice of bread. Top with tomato slices; season with remaining salt and pepper. Top with mozzarella slices; sprinkle with hot pepper flakes.
- Drizzle each slice of bread with balsamic glaze. Sprinkle with remaining basil; serve immediately.
Tip: Serve with sliced dry cured salami or prosciutto for a side of protein.