Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 slices pancetta, diced
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 lb fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook pancetta for 2 minutes or until crispy. Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel–lined plate. Set aside.
- In same skillet, cook shallots over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until translucent. Stir in garlic and sauté briefly; stir in Brussels sprouts. Sauté for 4 to 5 minutes or until sprouts are wilted. Sprinkle with pancetta, orange zest, salt and pepper.
Recipe provided by Chef Francesco Tonelli