Braised Red Cabbage
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1 red onion, halved, thickly sliced
- 1 small head red cabbage, halved, cored and thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Red Wine Vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat olive oil in Dutch oven set over medium-high heat; cook onion, covered, for 5 minutes or until beginning to soften.
- Stir in cabbage, wine, vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender-crisp and most of the liquid has evaporated.
Recipe provided by Chef Sharon Sanders