Black Olive Sauce
Prep Time: 10 min
Inactive Time: 2 hr 10 min
Cook Time: 13 min
Total Time: 2 hr 25 min
Servings: 1 1/4 Cups
- 7 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 plum tomatoes, peeled, cored, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped, pitted oil-cured black olives (about 25 olives)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in saucepan set over medium heat; sauté onion for 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent. Stir in tomatoes and olives; season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Let stand at room temperature for an hour. Reheat just before serving.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito