Best Blueberry Muffins
Prep Time: 13 min
Cook Time: 12 min
Total Time: 25 min
Servings: 10 or more
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp orange extract or Fior di Sicilia
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups blueberries
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 2/3 cup coarse granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In bowl, beat together sugar, eggs, olive oil and orange extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture, in two additions alternating with buttermilk.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Line muffin cups with paper cups; fill cups three-quarters full of batter.
- Combine lemon zest with sugar; sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito