Beet Salad with Blood Oranges, Goat Cheese, and Walnuts
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 2 beets, stems and greens removed
- Baby spinach
- 2 small blood oranges, sectioned
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place beets in saucepan; pour in enough water to cover and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until beets are tender when pierced with a fork. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Quarter beets, then cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange bed of baby spinach on serving plate; layer oranges and red onion slices over top.
- Top with walnuts and crumbled goat cheese. Drizzle with dressing.