Beef and Vegetable Stir Fry
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 lb top sirloin, thinly sliced across grain
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth or water
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- In rectangular baking dish, stir together soy sauce, garlic, honey, ginger, mustard, salt and lime juice; stir in beef until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Heat olive oil in large sauté pan or wok set over medium-high heat; cook beef quickly until no longer pink. Stir in onion, pepper and broccoli.
- Whisk broth and cornstarch until smooth; add to beef mixture and cook until thickened.
Tip: Serve this stir-fry over cooked rice if desired.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito