Basil, Cucumber, and Arugula Gazpacho
Prep Time: 10 min
Inactive Time: 2 hr
Cook Time: N/A
Total Time: 2 hr 10 min
- 2 medium English cucumbers (about 1 1/2 lbs.), lightly peeled, cut lengthwise, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 3 oz. baby arugula; more for garnish
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil; more for finishing
- 1 large clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients except the reserved arugula leaves, 3/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and 1/2 cup water and blend until smooth. Transfer to a container, cover, and refrigerate until very cold, at least 2 hours.
- If the mixture is too thick, thin with cold water to your desired consistency. Ladle the soup into serving bowls. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and garnish with the reserved arugula leaves.
Tip: You can add chopped Jalapeños if you prefer a spicy gazpacho.