Balsamic Bacon Breakfast Sandwich
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Classic Balsamic Glaze (approx.)
- 12 slices thick-cut double smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup grainy Dijon mustard
- 4 fresh onion buns, split
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 large ripe heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 eggs, fried
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with foil; lay cooking rack on top. Arrange bacon in rows on rack.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until sizzling and crisp around edges. Drizzle with balsamic glaze; return to oven for 2 minutes. Transfer to paper towel–lined baking sheet.
- Spread Dijon over bottom half of each bun. Top with arugula, tomato slices, avocado slices, bacon and fried eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with additional glaze. Serve immediately.
Tip: Add a slice of aged white Cheddar cheese and a smear of garlic mayo for a bistro-worthy sandwich.