Avocado and Pesto Grilled Cheese
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 8 min
Total Time: 13 min
- 8 slices Italian loaf bread, each about 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Classic Pesto
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with pesto. Layer avocado and mozzarella over half of the slices; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread. Brush outside of sandwiches with oil.
- Heat large skillet over medium-low heat; cook sandwiches, in batches if needed, for 2 to 3 minutes per side, pressing lightly, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- This sandwich is just as delicious made with Filippo Berio Sundried Tomato Pesto.
- Add a pinch of hot pepper flakes to the sandwich for a spicy addition.