Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 1 lb. bacon (14 to 16 slices)
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- ¼ cup Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 small limes, cut in half
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 8 leaves Boston lettuce
Everything is better with avocado, and a BLT is no exception! To enhance its flavor, we have added a squeeze of lime juice. Brushing the bread with olive oil before toasting makes for a delicious warm sandwich.
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 350°F.
- Lay the bacon strips touching side by side on a rack set over a 13×18 rimmed baking sheet and bake until the bacon is browned and crisp, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer the bacon to a plate.
- Put the slices of bread on the same rack and brush with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and toast in the oven until the edges are browned but the bread is still soft, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and, while still warm, scoop about one-fourth of an avocado on each piece of bread and spread with a knife. Season the avocado with more salt and pepper, and squeeze the lime halves over the avocado. Divide the tomatoes and lettuce leaves, and then the bacon among half of the slices and top with the other halves. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve.