Autumn Harvest Pasta
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 45 min
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 baking apple (such as Royal Gala, Fuji, Crispin or Cortland), cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta
- 4 shallots, quartered
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 12 oz tagliatelle pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted (skins removed) and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, apple, pancetta, shallots and garlic; season with salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes. Toss with 1/4 cup olive oil. Arrange on baking sheet; bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender and lightly charred in spots. Meanwhile, cook tagliatelle according to package directions; drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Toss pasta with Brussels sprouts mixture, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and 1/3 cup of the reserved pasta liquid, adding more pasta liquid if mixture is too dry. Drizzle with remaining oil and stir in toasted hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
Tip: Toast hazelnuts in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet in preheated 350°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, fragrant and skins start to split. Wrap in clean tea towel; let stand for 5 minutes. Rub nuts vigorously in tea towel to remove skins.