Autumn Breakfast Frittata
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1/2 medium butternut squash, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons egg whites
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place butternut squash on a greased baking sheet and broil for about 10 minutes until just softened, not browned.
- While the butternut squash is in the oven, place extra virgin olive oil in a 10 inch oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and sauté for 2 minutes until softened.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet, toss with the shallots and cook for 5-7 minutes until softened and water has cooked off.
- Add the butternut squash from the baking sheet to the skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the thyme and rosemary and toss to combine.
- Whisk the eggs, egg whites and almond milk together in a medium bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and let cook for about 5 minutes on the stove top until the edges are set.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil for 5 minutes until middle is set and edges are starting to turn golden.
- Remove from oven, let cool a few minutes before slicing.
- Serve with cranberry sauce if desired.
Inspired by Running to the Kitchen