Applesauce Spice Cake
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Icing sugar or sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 9-inch square pan with olive oil. In bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Using electric mixer at medium speed, mix brown sugar with olive oil until blended. Add applesauce; mix well. Add flour mixture all at once; beat on low speed until well blended. Stir in raisins and walnuts. Spoon batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely on rack; cut into squares.
Tip: If you like, dust the cake with icing sugar or frost with whipped cream.