Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
Total Time: 1 hr 25 min
- FOR THE FILLING
- 1½ lb. firm, semi-tart apples, peeled, cored, and cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 1 lb. ripe pears, peeled, cored, and cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 2 to 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- FOR THE CRISP TOPPING
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup finely chopped almonds or walnuts
- ½ cup Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- To make the filling: In a 9-inch pie pan that’s 2 inches deep (or a similar baking pan), toss the apples and pears with the sugar (to taste), cinnamon, and flour.
- To make the topping: In a medium bowl, mix together all the topping ingredients. Sprinkle the entire mixture over the apples. Bake until the topping is golden and the fruit is bubbling and tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
Tip: This homey, autumn dessert will be welcome on the dessert table. Top with a drizzle of heavy cream, if you’d like.