Spicy Shrimp and Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Meanwhile, in blender, purée red peppers and pesto until smooth; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion and garlic for about 2 minutes or until softened. Add shrimp, half each of the salt and pepper, and chili flakes; cook for about 3 minutes until shrimp curl and turn pink. Transfer to plate.
- Add red pepper mixture to skillet and bring to simmer; toss with pasta, pasta water and remaining salt and pepper. Stir in shrimp mixture and parsley.
• Substitute basil or cilantro for parsley if desired.
• For milder shrimp, omit chili flakes and add 1/4 tsp smoked sweet paprika.
Ingredient: Fish & Seafood
Cooking Method: Sauté / Pan Fry
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Sun Dried Tomato Pesto