Broken Spaghetti with Shrimp
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp hot pepper flakes (approx.)
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lb frozen medium-size cooked shrimp, defrosted
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli or spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb spaghetti or other long pasta, broken in half
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Mince together parsley, mint, hot pepper flakes and garlic. Stir in lemon zest and juice, and pinch salt. Toss shrimp in lemon mixture and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan set over medium-high heat; cook shrimp for 2 minutes. Stir in broccoli and cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes; cook for 1 minute. Keep warm.
- In large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Add pasta and reserved cooking water to shrimp mixture; reheat quickly until hot. Season with salt, pepper and more hot pepper flakes, if desired.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito